Public Review on Proposed Changes to the 2015 editions of Codes Canada Publications
November 7, 2018 to January 4, 2019
The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) invites Code users and stakeholders to participate in the fall 2018 public review of proposed changes to Codes Canada publications:
- National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC)
- National Fire Code of Canada 2015 (NFC)
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 (NPC)
No changes are being proposed for the National Energy Code for Buildings this public review.
The purpose of this public review is to:
- provide Code users and stakeholders with a detailed look at proposed changes and
- seek comment on each proposed change as to whether it should be approved, altered, or rejected.
The public review closes at 4:00 p.m. EST on January 4, 2019, after which comments will no longer be accepted. The relevant committees of the CCBFC will review every comment that was received up to that date. The committees will then either withdraw the proposed change; recommend that it be reviewed further for possible re-submission in revised form in a future public review; or recommend that it be approved by the CCBFC, with or without modification. If approved by the CCBFC, the proposed changes will be published in the 2020 editions of Codes Canada publications.